25 5 / 2012
Anonymous asked: I guess it is useless to follow you in case you decide to drop some MLP concept art of yours? Honestly, that was the only reason I'm following you right now, no offense.
By all means, no offense.
This comment touches on an interesting dilemma of having worked on a popular television show that has enter the pop-culture zeitgeist and that is: creation vs. creator. I am proud to have worked on MLP with such a talented and dedicated crew that is like family to me (meaning we can fart in front of each other), however it is not the sum of myself as an artist.
I understand a lot of people have come to my Tumblr through my involvement with MLP and have stayed, to that I raise my glass and salute you. Thanks! I can only produce work that brings me joy and hopefully brings joy to others. This is all an artist can wish for.
I will probably never post MLP art here, so if you wish to unfollow me I will not fault you nor harbor any ill feelings towards you.
- drunkdoodles likes this
- vinegartom likes this
- swegener said: Wait, you work(ed?) om MLP? Damn, I was just here for the brawny barbarian ladies and their adorable battle kittens. :) MLP is super cool, and is so well done. But I’m more interested in you as a creator.
- mindsnot said: Wow, what a rude question! A lot of your followers likely came from your association with a popular show, but your discerning followers stuck around for your own amazing art. The others, I would have hoped, kept their piece and quietly unfollowed.
- thelionelsden likes this
- kylefewell likes this
- oldmansaverio said: You work on MLP? Wow, didn’t know. I love the show, but I started watching you because of the wicked cool art (specifically, the lords of hell). Kudos and it’s always a pleasure see your new posts, no matter the subject.
- thisisacompletefailure likes this
- fowlie said: I was linked to your blog by a friend because of MLP, but we both stayed because we dig your art, no mater what :)
- fowlie likes this
- corpsecrow likes this
- briandanielwolf likes this
- missmonstermel said: I followed you cause your art is good not to mention it’s different with serious flavor that can teach me a thing or two. I think it’s a travesty to unfollow you for lack of ponies. Their loss!
- choplogik likes this
- tyuran said: I wasn’t aware you worked on MLP:FIM, but that is super cool to know!
- angietumblz said: Oh! I honestly had no idea that you even were a part of MLP. That must be a lot of fun! I honestly was brought here because people kept reblogging your great Kitten Warriors, and I just loved everything else I saw.
- lluksbmun likes this
- rachelelm said: Woah I had no idea you even did that, I just thought you were a supercool artist! *the more you know~*
- joelcarroll said: Rebecca, you are beyond patient.
- poupon likes this
- numerosix likes this
- potatofarmgirl said: I totally didn’t realize you worked on MLP. I’m just following for Battle Kittens and misc. hijinks! I’d recommend people to follow keep following you for your personal art!
- tennine said: I’m here for chubby girls with kittens and boobs. I’m a simpleton. Though I do believe posting MLP concept art would be kind of iffy, because its not owned by R.Dart.
- potatofarmgirl likes this
- rbarrett likes this
- blackunic0rn said: I didn’t know you worked on MLP until I saw your name in the credits of the season finale. /facepalm I’m here for the babearians & the unicorn hydras & the battle kittens :D
- dannyhynes likes this
- canadiancliche likes this
- phantomcosmonaut likes this
- bartronfink said: I’m here for the pretty art.
- r-dart posted this